Friday, December 5, 2008

Update 1 - job?

Where to start, where to start?

On the job front, I guess.
I'm hoping for a reasonable offer from this company I've just had a couple of interviews with. They're called hapax and their natural language processing software is off the bleeding hook - so much so, that it could probably parse this sentence and tell you that I think highly of their software. I don't know how it handles recursion, but I expect it does so well.

The short of it is that you feed the software text and it reads it and tells you things about it. Remarkable things - possibly even where it's easy to confuse the antecedents.

So, your civic Daniel-duty is to cross your fingers and hope that they offer me a job (and that the salary isn't less than what I was making two jobs ago at Consumer Reports).

No comments: