Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home for the holidays

Drove from D.C. to MI today. Didn't get nearly as much reading on PHP done as I would have liked, but did just finish installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP on my laptop.

Still have to enable PHP extensions in the config file of the server and set up some virtual hosts. If I remember correctly, that means finding or creating a host file somewhere in my computer. And, er, sacrificing a virgin?

I'm glad to know how to do all this stuff, but I'm thinking perhaps I should learn about sports or something so I can talk to people. :)

Either way, I'm pooped. It's nice to be surrounded by family. Here's hoping T-- gets in okay tomorrow from the West coast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Didn't get nearly as much reading on PHP done as I would have liked, but did just finish installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP on my laptop."

The only word I can understand in this sentence is 'laptop.'