Monday, June 4, 2007

Seriously man, I'm working a lot

I'm not complaining, but I've already put in 12 and a half hours this week, 16 and a half if you count Sunday as the start of the week.

I'm not asking for pity or awe, so you know, don't gimme none. I'd like to make some observations though:
  • When you spend a long time at work you start remembering the morning like it was yesterday. I had to think twice before walking home today because normally I bike but today I walked (thanks to that stinking fire alarm). However, I couldn't remember whether the fire alarm took place yesterday or today.
  • You stop knowing what day it is. I'm familiar with this event from the other side. During the summer vacations I'd sometimes lose track of what day it was because, well, who cared.
  • Work sucks most when you spend the first 8 hours of your day trying to clear your docket so you can get some work done in the latter 4.
  • Work can be a gang of fun if you have 12 hours to dedicate to really working hard on an interesting project.
  • It's important to make lists. I had the nagging feeling that I was running around in circles accomplishing nothing until I looked at yesterday's List Of Crap To Do and was able to cross off about 6 important tasks.
Have a good night all.

No comments: