Sunday, September 6, 2009

WTF?

Since when did Whiskey Tango Foxtrot become an acceptable lengthening of WTF? It's longer than the original phrase (which is "what the f***" ... which is actually "what the fuck" for those of you not frightened by words, and "what the fundoodle" for those of you who are).

I heard a guy on NPR use it, and I think he was a colonel in the U.S. army. I wasn't paying attention, so he might have been a janitor at the Quickee Mart, but he was probably someone of some import to be a guest on NPR.

That is all.

3 comments:

adsva said...

I actually found "fundoodle" a little frightening.

Daniel Harrison said...

I thought about your comment, and the more I think about fundoodle as a replacement for "fuck" the more I like it.

I don't want a family-friendly alternative for "fuck"; I agree that fundoodle is a bit disconcerting, perhaps in a way that fuck no longer is. I suggest we start using fundoodle as an exclamation.

It doesn't make sense to say "fundoodle you," but after you bang your ankle on the stupid goddamn metal frame of your desk, "FUNDOODLE!" would totally be an appropriate response.

Who's with me?

adsva said...

I'm game! But I would also like to nominate the abbreviated version "foodle!" (or perhaps "foodles!") for those moments where you cant afford the extra syllables.