Saturday, February 7, 2009

Moving to D.C.

Let me just say that Craigslist works like a charm. Holy cats!

Maybe it's because the last time I looked for an apartment I was living in NYC (where I recently, no joke, saw a Craigslist listing where someone was willing to sublet their bathroom for someone to live in - as long as they got out when the owner needed to use it), but this process seemed crazy easy. I started looking up apartments yesterday and by this morning I'd seen two places I'd consider moving into on Monday.

I have a handful more to see tomorrow, but I'm happy with the ones I've seen thus far, so I'll probably be a D.C. native by two weeks from now. I can move stuff slowly, because I have to give my current landlord some notice.

I guess I could wait and find a place in a month (since craigslist seems to work so well), but I hate Reston as you already know. More than I hate Reston though, I loathe my commute with the fiery intensity of 10 billion white-hot suns. I'm moving sharpish.

--- UPDATE ---
Fuck Craig and his list. I found a place through a friend. Yay!

No comments: