Sunday, February 8, 2009

I gotta think about my personal brand?

Just writing that sort of jargony bullshit makes me want to kick my own ass. However, this blog for friends and family isn't ever going to help me retire early.

If I want to capitalize on my inchoate success as a writer, smart-ass, and techno-commentator, I'll need a better name and a more focused "brand".

I'm thinking about it, but I'd appreciate any sort of feedback. If there's stuff you enjoy hearing about from me or you could see yourself telling a friend, "Hey, Daniel's posts are good for x but kind of lackluster when they're about y", let me know.

In a related note, I can't believe we've reached a stage in our cultural development where I'm talking seriously about my personal brand and how best to "leverage" it (leverage means "use", but fancier). It's like I opened my eyes one day and woke up in a cyber-punk satire, but then instead of getting an adventure I had to shower and go to work and worry about my credit score and paying bills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Daniel's posts are good for puppies but kind of lackluster when they're about hedgehogs.

Papier Girl said...

Daniel's posts are good for bacon, but kind of lackluster when they're about salami. And as for a brand name, how about Daniel: The Definitive Collection.

Daniel Harrison said...

Did I say any sort of feedback? My mistake, you smartalecky mad-libbers!