Sunday, February 8, 2009

Did John Tesh rewrite my article?

I sort of promised that I'd shut up about my article on jerk-gadgets, but I found this link last night that I hope you'll forgive me for sharing.

It looks like John Tesh, or someone associated with Tesh.com found my article, excerpted parts, and made them yet safer for a family audience.

I honestly don't know how one should feel about it. It's so curious.

Have a look for yourself:
http://www.tesh.com/ittrium/visit?path=A1x97x1y1xa5x1x76y1x243dx1x9by1x2442x1y5x19c28x5x1

Meanwhile, on the topic of Tesh, this Brandon Bird picture cracks me up every single time I look at it. You should go check out his other art as well. It'll mess with your head.

3 comments:

Doug said...

the author says the list is coutesy MSNBC, but I didn't see a link back to the original. Also, the humor of your article was completely lost in translation

Alice Amplified said...

What a tool. TOOL. Not only did they screw up the original intent of the artical, they gave you no credit. This cannot be tolerated! (i'm just huffy, I guess we have to tolerate it, but he is still a tool)

Daniel Harrison said...

This is one of those cases where I'm just too befuddled and bemused to be angry.

Tesh? Stealing? Editing?

It's like if you were walking down the street, dropped your wallet on the ground, and before you could pick it up, a penguin darted in, removed just one of your credit cards with a slippery quickness, and scampered off down an alleyway.

You'd be so caught up in how weird it was that before you worried about a flighless sea fowl stealing your credit card, you'd be like "did I just get mugged by the star of March of the Penguins?" At least that's my analogy.

What really messes with my head though is that someone (a Tesh intern?) read it, decided it was funny enough to RT (reTesh), and then went to the trouble of removing all the funny.

The other option, almost as troubling, is that they enjoyed it for the inherent wisdom of the article.

As I say, totally bemused.