Thursday, August 7, 2008

NYC

I'm spending this week visiting NYC.

I love it. I left back in the day because I got a job in D.C., and I regretted leaving behind all the cool people even as I was packing my stuff.

Now, after revisiting CU and going out with other folks in the city, I'm extra wistful. It was flattering and wonderful walking around CU and seeing everyone. I badly misjudged how much time I'd need to see everyone and had to go back on Wednesday after being there most of the day on Tuesday.

If I missed seeing you, I'm really sorry.

I'm torn between D.C. and NYC now. I guess wherever i get a job first is the place I'll go.

Keeping all that in mind, being back in NYC with some perspective is funny. The fashionistas are still out and about, but now instead of thinking they're cool and hip I'm a little concerned that they're stunted. Riding down Flatbush Ave in Bklynn I saw a guy who had clearly spent way too long in front of the mirror choosing the right pants and shirt to accentuate his sunglasses. That shit was cool and edgy in high school, but come on.

P.S. - I'm older than Adam apparently

No comments: