Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just got bitten by a safari ant

. . . which hurts!

More importantly though, I've managed to help connect Farah's program for street children, Jitegemee, to the Web. I've also downloaded some upgrades to programs and drivers that should make the kids' experience of the Web a lot more like the rest of the worlds'.

I feel like a bit of a thief taking credit for connecting the place though. The computers came from other donors (from MSU I think) and Safaricom makes their service quite simple to sign up for. It's still slow - we got 15 Kbps during the download of the driver (and remember 64K was dial up, right?) - but it's not bad and it works.

I won't write much except to point you at this horrifying little beastie, which I'm told is what crawled up the back of my leg and gave me a thorough biting behind my knee .

No comments: