Friday, January 11, 2008

Looking up

I'm having a lovely (and apparently super secret) day.

In the last couple of days I've been offered a cool freelance job. I won't talk about it yet because I don't want to uncover secrets of the person offering me the job. To her however, thanks a bundle. I'm psyched! I may start practicing here.

Additionally, I started working with some guys locally on a web project I think will be quite funny. Again, can't talk about it because I want to keep elements of it under wraps until we launch. If you know what I'm talking about, do me a favor and keep it under your hat.

I can tell you that the wife of a colleague of mine is hoping to play yenta for me (in the matchmaker sense). While I think I might take some time off from dating so I don't start a relationship just to be in one, it's nice to know you've got prospects.

Finally, my kali skills were strong this week. On Monday I managed to avoid being stabbed by a guy with two knives for a while. He was going slower than a real fight, but I think I surprised the teacher by how fast he was able to go and I think I could have disarmed him if I'd needed to. On the flip side, the stuff we did since then's been really challenging and I look like a chimp trying to do trig. Advanced trig.

No comments: