Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm not a developer . . .


by alosojos
This picture reminds me of my friend Laura (a ginger - shhhh!).
but I play one on the Internet.

My mom is selling her art. Her paintings are surprisingly good for someone who just decided to pick up the brush again after 40-odd years (I'm guessing here Mom).

I've blithely offered to start helping her shill on the Internet.

Eventually it'll be a php page (if I can teach myself php in due time), so you may have to adjust the url. If that's all voodoo to you then view it as a warning that one day Internet squirrels will hustle that page off into the ether. I certainly won't remember to update that link you just ignored (PSYCH! I took it down already!).

Anyway, long post short, I'm back to mucking about with CSS and other web technologies. I'm only about a year and a half out of date, but it's been quite a year and a half. I'm most impressed by CSS3's exciting transparency and the fancy rounded corners I made using someone else's idea in CSS. Good fun if you're an enormous geek who's staying home on a Friday night to make a web-page for his mum.

Oh crackers!

In more interesting news, I saw this on BoingBoing.net and it's hilarious. Have a look:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's not an auburn paint brush...