Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's been a whole other while since the last post was relevant

So Alphonse and Bob and I moved back to the Big Apple (NYC for those not familiar with city/fruit nomenclature).

Alphonse and I have been living our exciting parenting lifestyles trying to make Bob into a successful human. What I've deduced is that there's not a great deal you actually have any real impact on as a parent, but you still feel awful if you don't do all the right things ninety-plus percent of the time.

Right now the "right thing" for our 3 yr old, is potty training, and I should apologize, because from here on out it seems as if this may become a daddy blog.

Ugh.

Anyway, potty training makes me think we're focusing on the wrong problem, and that really we should be inventing high-tech diapers we can wear into our adult years. What's so fantastic about needing to find a bathroom all the time, anyway? I had a tense argument the other day with Bob about whether she was going to crap in the toilet or the potty. She won, because they're her bowels, and I ended up writing this text to my wife:

"Bob pooped. But she flatly refused to do so in the toilet, so when you get home and are trying to decipher my inscrutable expression, it's the face of a man who has to give his daughter a prize for making him scrub shit out of a plastic tub."

#kidsaredelightful

No comments: