Monday, July 20, 2009

Yay! Redundant.

Oh CRAP!
Look, up in the sky, is it a bird? Is it a sausage? No, it's Daniel! Good grief, why is it Daniel?

I got made redundant the other day, which isn't nearly as bad as it sounds, since I kind of hated my job for a number of reasons. I really liked some of the folk I worked with, but some made my teeth itch.

So I'm "flying without a net" now, and looking for a new gig. Not sure what area I'm looking in, since I'm now interested in project management, writing, coding, and this whole "social media" thing. Also, obviously, trapeze.

The picture above and the video below were shot a couple of weeks ago when I went to the TSNY installation here in D.C.


This is my first go at doing trapezery, which is a word I just made up.

4 comments:

lkrino said...

I suggest joining the circus. You've got natural talent. I will join too. I bet it pays well. And you get free peanuts.

adsva said...

Very sorry to see you redundant Daniel, luckily you obviously have a backup career as a trapezoid. (What do you mean 'not the technical term'? It's highly technical!)

Best wishes from Stockholm!

Daniel Harrison said...

Hi Adsva, thanks for the sympathy. I'm not too sorry myself, given some of the conditions I was working with. And as you suggest, I'm totally going to get into extreme geometry now. :)

Papier Girl said...

this video was SOOOOO NSFW...but thankfully you were wearing socks. And I agree, the circus appears to be a natural fit for such grace and poise.

xxxxx!