Sunday, April 13, 2008

Yay for Santa Fe

I'm in Santa Fe this week for an online community conference.

I flew into Albuquerque and got a rental car. I brought my Garmin along, so I wouldn't have to think for myself very much at all. One of the benefits of having a GPS system in this part of the world is that you know, in real-time, and so can exclaim loudly if you're inclined, that you must have just taken a wrong turn in Albuquerque. Simple pleasures.

I thought Reston looked manufactured. Albuquerque doesn't seem to suffer from a great deal of authenticity. I could be wrong. Perhaps all these adobe buildings were manufactured by real live Southwest Amerindians. Apparently though, most of the boutiques selling authentic Southwest art are owned by Iranians (and let's all welcome the SigInt folks from the NSA to the blog for the first time. Welcome!)

In other news, you ever have that nagging feeling that you've forgotten something. I often have it, but now it's like the boy who cried wolf, because usually I'm good. This time however, I have to go to Target tomorrow to buy underwear. Good grief.

Pictures later, if I get to take any. There's a good Georgia O'Keefe museum here, so I can see the original pictures of flowers (genitals) and skulls (also genitals?) tomorrow if I'm lucky. I'm psyched to see the mysterious stairs built by St. Francis (or some such nonsense). As I say, pics to follow - as well as explanation I hope.

No comments: