Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Beard experiment

Like most guys who get laid off, I took the opportunity to grow a beard. It was a failure. After working out that it was growing in like I had a pre-existing case of chemo-therapy, I decided to try some new looks as I shaved it off. Most were hampered by the mange look - although I really like the biker look. Maybe one day after I finish the whole cremaster cycle.


beard
I cannot grow a beard. I look mangy.


Tidied
Amazing what a tiny bit of shaving will do.
Engage Number One!


Goatee
Like the mullet, you can't wear this ironically any longer, so I just looked like a dick.


Biker /Handlebar
Nickel mustache rides anyone? Wow this is awesome (in my head!).


Stepdad?
Not sure why I think of this as a "stepdad" look, but I do. It conjures earnestness with a twist of dickiness.

Interestingly, my actual stepdad is a lovely fellow, but then he's grown a simply fantastic beard and mustache.


Awesome
Back to normal. Best, I find, not to wear your shortfallings on your face in full display. I can't grow a beard, and now only the Internet knows.

It's hard to believe someone so commandingly attractive can be both single and unemployed! Oh, wait.

5 comments:

amoinbklyn said...

6 and 1 = cute
3 = 6 year old boy
5 = scares me
2 = mug shot

Anonymous said...

man, i wish you had kept the mustache. it's so hott.

Anonymous said...

do all boys think fu manchu mustaches look good? seems so. but it's terribly misguided.

Daniel Harrison said...

I thought a fu manchu had to be longer and whispier. This is a handlebar mustache. You're just bitter because of scrabulous.

Marco Polo said...

You're the guy who mugged me at the video game arcade at the mall the other day. I'm gonna track you down and get my seventy-five cents back and finally set the high score on Galaga. I'd recognize that mangy beard anywhere, you high school punk.