Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The National Press Club, indeed?


I too like books and owls!
Good news from the transom today. It appears I'll have the opportunity to speak at the National Press Club next month. Before you gasp yourself incredulously to death, I should clarify that I won't be speaking "before" the National Press Club, but "at" it. Less "lend me your ears", more lend us your National Press Clubhouse.

ForumOne Communications has expressed interest in having me speak at a seminar they're putting together to be housed at the NPC. I'd be speaking about using the Internet and community for extending the reach and missions of non-profit companies. I've done that with mixed success before this job. I'd still like to use the Internet to pursue some public good even at this for-profit job I currently hold, and to be honest, it's probably harder to get community off the ground at a for profit because people keep wanting to monetize the community.

So, good news all around for me, since this is just the kind of gig that parlays into a misunderstanding, that further translates to paid speaking gigs. Plus someone will no doubt be pressed into taking a picture of me on the podium where it proudly reads "National Press Club".

I'll soon be kind of a big deal. (that's sarcasm)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.