Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back from Portland, Angry at work hours

Hey, the funtimes in Portland shambled drunkenly to a close, and now I'm back in dear old Reston working a hell of a lot.

Portland was awesome. I'm not sure why I came back.

I was in a lovely relaxed mood when I left Portland on the redeye. By the time I'd landed, driven 4 hours to Reston, had an equivalent of 12 cups of coffee, and stayed up till wicked late AM coding more goddamn SAS, I'd managed to leave both the jet lag and the sensation of calm all behind me.

Now I breathe in a continuous high-pitched whistle and my heart's BPM approaches rave music. When I get a chance, I'll upload some cool pics and videos I took while I was in Oregon and perhaps recall the sense of calm I enjoyed while snapping them. Until then, you should try to find that video of a concerned snowman asking candidates Democratic about the goddamn environment. P.S. large parts of England and the US are flooded, so thanks for being so on the ball about Kyoto George!

later y'all. Big shout out to Matt, who I chatted with yesterday about how much grad school drags at the end. Can I get a hell yeah from other grad school survivors?

1 comment:

karen said...

Portland was fantastic but the day back was a lot longer for you then it was for me. I, at least, was able to take a nap in the afternoon. I hope you're feeling like you've caught up a bit. I'm still feeling like I'm behind in my work responsibilities but it was my choice to do no work while on vacation. Today it's raining in NYC so I'll be spending the day working - hopefully I'll get a little closer to catching up.