Thursday, January 7, 2010

The beginning of the year

Hey there suckers, it's been a while since I rapped at you, in any real sense of the idea.

So, one of my resolutions this year was to write at least 10 minutes a day. So far, I'm succeeding splendidly if you replace "write 10 minutes a day" with "think about writing 10 minutes a day for at least 2 minutes a day".

I suck.

So today, before I go get a drink/dinner with my writer friend @fstockman, I'm going to write for another 9 minutes or so.

Here's what's up in the life of me:

I got me a girlfriend. She's plain awesome. Because she values her privacy, I'll call her Alphonse Dubai and let you know that she's a plumber from a video game. None of which is true.

If you're one of those people who knows me and reads this blog (like 99.9% of you), do the decent thing and don't mention her in the comments. She's got a reputation to uphold and I guess part of that includes not letting on to the nameless faceless mass of the Internet that she knows me, or exists, or what have you. I admit I've sort of lost track of what constitutes privacy any more, but I know she's none of your business.

Anywangle, I spent time with her over the holidays and it's made me a complete girl. I'm usually obtusely independent, but thanks to spending a great deal of time with her, I've become addicted to those crush hormones my body makes when she's around. Stupid endogenous whadyamacallums! Now I have to think about her all the time. It might be okay if our date yesterday had worked out, but I got about half an hour of her before she had to dash back to the videogame to plumb. Oh Alphonse! Sigh.

My attitude towards relationships has long been that you're not ready for a relationship if you need to be in a relationship. So now I feel both needy and apostate. Christ I suck.

On the plus side, my 10 minutes are up.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Good god man, who are you? I hope this won't deplete the snarky tone from your writing about tech and gadgetry.

Seriously though, I'm quite happy for you. I look forward to meeting Alphonse some day.

Papier Girl said...

I'm not going to mention your gf...but this is the cutest damn thang I've read all month. Maybe all year...wait...um. Yay for Daniel Pie!