Saturday, January 31, 2009

I am a slow-ass writer

This weekend has been largely written-off to proper work. A project I was working on sort of as a lark became increasingly important as it evolved, so now I'm working on the weekend to get it ready by Monday.

At the same time, as long as I'm spending a great deal more time close to home than I'd anticipated, I'm also catching up on some writing I owe MSNBC. My clever friend at MSNBC talked about how they pay pretty well for freelance stuff, but I'm starting to think that's because she can write witty stuff in about a tenth the time it takes me. I've been laboring over this piece for ages and I'm still not happy with it.

I guess I'll continue to rely on coding to earn my keep - at least until I can write an interesting piece in 4 hours and be assured of more demand.

2 comments:

Papier Girl said...

you're not alone. i'm slow too. and in the end, i'm rarely fully happy with what I've done. But you're a great writer....hang in there.

"Easy reading is damn hard writing." — Nathaniel Hawthorne

Daniel Harrison said...

yeah, but at least you're writing a novel. I'm just agonizing over tiny amusements.

Still, thanks for the encouragement. How are you doing? Email me.